Tuesday, April 14, 2009

BARTER

Who out there has a needed skill? Most of us have a skill or a trade that we make a living doing. One of my biggest money savers is "NETWORKING." I deal with people through work that have skills. My friends and neighbors all have skills. My family and extended family all have skills. So one of the best tools out there is to BARTER!! I trade out work on my computer when it has problems to a friend, and when their van breaks I fix it. I have traded out mechanic work to a friend who is a chiropractor. I have a local shop that has cut me numerous deals on stuff because of the amount of people I have sent to him by word of mouth over the years. Many people think of networking as only a job finding tool. It deals so well with the rest of our daily lives that I use it daily. I keep in touch with most the people I use it with. In fact my last job was because I ran into an old friend who told me to call his boss for a job. So needless to say it works in all directions!

No comments: