Friday, April 10, 2009

How I made a Lawnmower into a Saw mill

Well, what do you do with an old lawnmower? You turn it into a portable sawmill of course! So I got this idea after a lot of time spent searching the internet and viewing tons of portable band mills. I did not really want to spend the money to buy a mill when I know that I won't get the amount of time needed to pay itself off. So I drew up my plans and ordered the metal. Once I had the metal delivered it only took 1 day to get the frame built. The more time-consuming part was designing the carriage and mount for the motor and chain saw bar. I opted for the use of the chainsaw bar because I had a 32" bar and skip chain already. I have tried to make sure to use everything already on hand rather than purchase new.


For the sprocket, I welded a 3/8" sprocket gear onto the original adapter for the lawnmower's blade. I haven't gotten to try it out yet, but I have it all assembled.


No comments: