Saturday, April 11, 2009

How many cars you have owned

How many cars and trucks have I owned in the last 16 years? Well lets see.......20!Free Smiley Face Courtesy of www.FreeSmileys.org I know I am a sick individual. But most of the time I get bored and end up selling one and buying another. Sad part is, is that I know the price I bought each of them for, the price that I sold them for, and the starting and ending mileage! For a grand total of 367,060 miles on those 20 vehicles!Free Smiley Face Courtesy of www.FreeSmileys.org So is this a low number or a high number. I generally keep them for a year and get rid of them. Mind you,I have never bought a "NEW" vehicle. The lowest mileage on any of my cars was the last truck I bought that I currently still have, A 2005 Chevy that had 61K miles on it when I bought it. Oh there was a 1998 Honda Civic with 38K miles on it that I only had for 6 months. I hated that car it was too small.

They all have been used. I don't even know how much money I have saved by being able to work on them myself. I do everything from changing the fluids to major engine and front end work. I know a lot of people say that they don't have the tools or know how, but you can do the majority yourself. Most parts stores will rent you the tools you need to do a job for free. You pay them, then when you are done with the tools you return them and get your money back. Believe me I did not get all my tools over night. It has taken quite a number of years.

2 comments:

Aweir said...

Holy Cow, that is a lot of vehicles and a lot to keep track of! I have owned two. I need to catch up.

Golddigger said...

I would not try. I can't say that it is very healthy on the pocket. Sometimes you make money when you sell, but most times you are lucky to break even.