Saturday, April 11, 2009

Repair Manuals


The best way to get a start in finding out more about the cars and trucks you own is to buy a Haynes Manual. I like them better than any other books offered. With the exception of the dealer repair manual. But these are a lot cheaper than a dealer book. This manual is based off of a complete tear down of the vehicle. I buy one of these for each brand of car that I own. If I sell it, I keep the book. You end up with a library of repair books, and who knows....you might buy another one of the same vehicles down the road. Parts stores sell these for $14-$25 depending on the brand of car. My Passat book cost more than my Chevy and Ford books. I feel like a Fleet Manager. Free Smiley Face Courtesy of www.FreeSmileys.orgI maintain all of my families cars and trucks. They have a problem they call me and we trouble shoot over the phone discussing the way that the vehicle is acting. I have gotten each of them to buy repair manuals so that they can help me find the problem. It has also made it to where each of them are more confident and can often fix it themselves.

No comments: